*This recipe was shared to us by one of our Love Baking Club subscribers, Sally Janker. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Sally!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 175ºC/350º F. Prepare three 8-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk through to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter until fluffy and then add sugar. Cream together for about 8 more minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix just until combined.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Combine each addition until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide among pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn loose from pan and toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch