This recipe was provided and performed by Adriano Zumbo at the 2018 Cake Bake & Sweets Show!
- Toasted hazelnuts whole
- Strawberries fresh sliced thin
- Strawberries fresh sliced 1cm thick
- Salted caramel
- Tempered dark chocolate tubes
- White chocolate eyes
Hazelnut Chiffon Sponge
|Hazelnut praline paste||100||G|
- Make a paste with all ingredients, except the egg whites, caster sugar and rice flour.
- Make a meringue with egg whites, sugar and rice flour until medium peaks.
- Fold the 2 together, place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, spread evenly.
- Bake at 170 degrees C for 20-25 min. Cut out 2 round discs
Creaming Soda Jelly
|Gelatine Mass (1-6 ratio)||40||G|
- Heat ¼ of the creamy soda, add in the gelatine mass, add the remaining cold creamy soda and pour into a metal tart ring lined with cling film and elastic band to stop leaking, place in freezer.
Vanilla Crème Chantilly
- Heat ¼ of the cream in saucepan with sugar, add gelatine to dissolve then vanilla, add in remaining cold cream.
- Best to leave overnight in fridge to set, then whip in electric mixer with whisk until stable and can hold. Divide into mould.
|Neutral mirrior gel glaze||500||G|
|Super black colouring||4||G|
- Bring to the boil, leave to cool, place in the fridge to set.
- Heat and use at 30 degrees C
- Make the chocolate tubes into spider legs by cutting into 2 lengths and stick together . brush with chocolate and dip in chocolate sprinkles
- Fill the tubes with salted caramel using a piping bag
- Using a dome mould place in the crème Chantilly to cover the sides of mould
- Place a layer of thin sliced strawberries and hazelnuts
- Add a little more Chantilly
- Place the jelly and disc of sponge in and push firmly
- Place another amount of Chantilly crème and layer of thin cut strawberries
- Finish with disc of chiffon sponge , smooth off so all level
- Place in freezer till frozen
- Remove from mould and glaze with black glaze
- Decorate with 1cm cut strawberries and chocolate legs
- Finally add pashmark and chocolate eyes