This recipe has been exclusively submitted to us by cake artist, Amanda Chow. Amanda is the decorator at the kids’ workshops at the 2019 Cake Bake & Sweets Show in Melbourne.
120g Plain Flour
20g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
28g Melted Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
80g Icing Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbs Milk
Colouring of choice
1. Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk all the wet ingredients together.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix till smooth.
4. Fill Doughnut Moulds ¾ full.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15mins till golden.
6. Cool on a rack.
7. Make your glaze mixing all the ingredients together.
8. Once doughnuts are cooled, dip each doughnut halfway into the glaze and allow to slightly harden before eating.
9. Can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge.