To Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
When it comes to celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, one thing that’s absolutely essential (besides the green beer of course) is a yummy Irish cream cake! So here’s the best recipe for it!
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon milk cappuccino chips or chocolate chips for garnish, optional
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch or 9-inch pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, followed by the Irish cream and milk. Once the liquid is absorbed, add the remaining flour mixture and mix till well blended. Scrape the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, place it on your serving platter and make the glaze.
FOR THE GLAZE
- In a small bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, Irish cream, and milk. Whisk together until well blended and pourable.
- Pour the glaze over the cake. While the glaze is still wet, garnish with chocolate chips, if desired. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
- Store at room temperature.