This recipe was provided and performed by Eric Lanlard at the 2018 Cake Bake & Sweets Show!
- 50gr butter
- 135gr caster sugar
- 210gr 70% dark couverture
- 5 eggs separated
- 2tsp dark rhum
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Melt half the butter and use to brush the inside of 8 ramekins.
- Pour 25gr of sugar into 1 ramekin and tap around the sides to lightly coat.
- Pour excess into the next ramekin and repeat.
- Melt the chocolate with the rhum spices and vanilla extract with the remaining butter in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until smooth
- Remove from heat and mix the yolks in
- Whisk the whites to a stiff peak in a large clean bowl.
- Mix a little into the chocolate mixture then gently fold in the rest with a large metal spoon
- Spoon the souffle into the ramekins and bake for exactly 11 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla custard poured into the centre at the table.