*This recipe is by one of our Love Baking Club subscribers, Anastasia. Thank you for this recipe, Anastasia!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks slightly
- Beat the lemon juice and milk and the remaining ingredients until smooth
- Fold into beaten egg whites then pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole*
- Place casserole in a square pan, 9x9x2 inches, on oven rack. Pour hot water (about 1 inch deep) into the pan
- Bake until golden brown for 45-50 minutes. Remove casserole from water
- Serve warm or cool, and if desired, with whipped cream.
*Anastasia uses a set of six 3.5″ ceramic ramekins