*This recipe is by one of our Love Baking Club subscribers, Josef Garrington. Thank you for this recipe, Josef!
- 24 milk coffee biscuits
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of rum
- 125g butter, chopped and softened
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 cup almond meal
- Few drops almond essence
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- Chocolate shavings or other decorative topping to serve
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Reserve for later.
- Combine butter, sugar essence and egg yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer, do not over mix. Stir in almond meal and gradually beat in half of the milk. Gently fold egg whites into the almond mixture.
- Arrange 6 biscuits lengthways in 2 rows of 3 each on a sheet of foil. Brush the biscuits generously with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the rum combined.
- Spread biscuits with 1/3 of the almond mixture. Repeat layering with the remaining biscuits, milk and rum mix and almond mix, ending with a final layer of biscuits.
- Wrap with foil and refrigerate 8hrs or overnight. When ready, unwrap and place on serving tray. Beat the thickened cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Cover the Torte with cream and decorate with chocolate shavings