This recipe was provided by superstar baker, Katherine Sabbath, who will be demonstrating how to make it at our Melbourne and Sydney Cake Bake & Sweets Shows!
- 350 grams good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 350 grams good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- 4 tbsp whisky of choice
- 4 tbsp Malibu Rum
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Spray an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt dark chocolate by placing in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir until melted.
- Add in half of the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla bean extract, the coffee powder, whisky and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir until combined and smooth (the mixture will be thick), then spread evenly in the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate by placing in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir until melted.
- Add in remaining condensed milk, coconut oil, coconut extract, and Malibu Rum, stirring until combined. Remove fudge from freezer and add white chocolate on top, spreading evenly to coat. Top with toasted coconut, then chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When ready to cut, fill a large cup with hot water. Dip a sharp knife into the water, then blot on a towel. Use knife to cut fudge into your desired size of squares.
(Cheat’s Note: The melting can also be done in the microwave. I suggest melting the chocolate first on medium power in 30 second increments, stirring after each time. Once melted, add in remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.)
Try to stop yourself at just one piece, JUST TRY! Oh, and please don’t drink…I mean eat too much fudge, and drive.
Yours folded through chocolate brownie batter,
Katherine Sabbath xo