This recipe was provided by South African superstar Siba Mtongana, who will be demonstrating and meeting and greeting at our Cake Bake & Sweets Show.
- 400 g 65% dark chocolate
- 400 g milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 100 g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 100 g pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 100 g dried mango roughly chopped
- 100 g dried apricots roughly chopped
- 100 g dried pineapple roughly chopped
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 80 g fresh toasted coconut, store bought, roughly crushed
- Place the two kinds of chocolate in a double boiler and melt. Stir in the butter. Add half of all the nut and fruits (except for the cranberries and fresh toasted coconut) and stir. Tip into a greased and lined 28 cm lose bottom circular fluted baking tart tin.
- Take a handful of the fresh toasted coconut and sprinkle round the edge, crushing it with your fingers as you go.
- Mix the rest of the dried fruit and nuts with the cranberries and scatter in the centre – pressing them down slightly.
- Allow to set but it must not be rock hard, and serve.