This recipe was provided by Victorian Strawberries, Session Sponsor for the 2018 Cake Bake & Sweets Show.
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1 x 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 x 250g punnets of Victorian strawberries, washed and hulled
- 300ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- Zest and juice of 4 lemons and or limes (yielding 125ml juice and 1 tablespoon of zest)
- 6 gelatin leaves, soaked in cold water
- Edible flowers for serving (optional)
- Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Place biscuits and coconut in food processer and whiz until you get a fine crumb, add the melted butter and whiz again until mixed through. Press the mix into the base of the prepared tin and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Into the clean processor, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk until very smooth and silky.
- Add 1 punnet of hulled strawberries and blitz until smooth
- Heat lemon juice in a small saucepan until just boiling, squeeze out water from gelatin and add to hot juice and stir until dissolved, add to processor with the lemon zest, blend until just combined. Pour into your tin over the cold base and chill in the fridge for 4 hours until set.
- Remove from tin and place on cute serving platter. Just before serving tumble over remaining prepared strawberries and edible flowers.
Notes: If you can’t find Digestive biscuits use Arnotts ™ Granitas. You can make this cheesecake a day in advance too.