- 4-6 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch pink salt flakes
- ¼ cup golden caster sugar per egg white used
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Berries of choice to garnish
- Fresh passionfruit pulp to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
- Whip up until foamy.
- Add the sugar a little at a time until the mixture is glossy and holding stiff peaks.
- Add the vanilla and vinegar and whip until fully combined.
- Turn out onto the prepared tray and swirl into a smaller circle than you think you need. The mixture will spread and expand on cooking.
- Place into the oven and reduce the temperature immediately to 140°C.
- Cook 40 minutes. Leave in the oven with the door slightly ajar for a further 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before dressing the meringue.
- Whip the cream with the sugar (optional) and vanilla until it is holding soft peaks.
- Spread on top of the meringue and garnish with loads of berries, finishing off with the passionfruit pulp.
- Serve immediately.